General Frequently Asked Questions
What exactly do you do?
- I do a lot. You can go to the About page to learn more about me, but long story short, I do graphic design, web design, and illustration as well as branding and marketing. Anything involving creative solutions that would not only provide you with excellent aesthetically appealing branding and outside-of-the-box marketing, I do. I'm a project manager also, which means I'm in a position to delegate and assign tasks to other creative professionals when needed. Overall, what I do is bring creativity to your project(s) and help bring your ideas and vision to life.
How did you get your start?
- First and foremost, I've been doing art my whole life. I came from an illustration background and excelled in the arts throughout middle school and high school. I went to college and majored in Mass Communications with a concentration in Public Relations and Marketing. While I learned a lot and gained a lot of knowledge working in that program, I quickly realized that art is my true passion and I switched my major to Graphic Design. I graduated from Towson University with a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design and have been doing freelance work ever since. I've done freelance graphic design work as well as professional graphic design work for book publishing companies, non-profits, etc. To make a long story short, to avoid the limitations of a corporate structure that tends to limit creativity, I started doing more business for myself where I have more creative freedom.
What are your rates?
- Rates in any creative profession is highly dependent on the size and scope of the project being done. There isn't a one-size fits all answer to this since all projects aren't the same.
- The demand and magnitude of the project along with the turnaround time factors into what the final rate for a project would be. Exceptions do apply since the work that would need to be done could extend passed the typical 5 day 8 hour work week. Contacting me so we can discuss your project in further detail is highly recommended in order for me to find out what you need in order for me to give you a quote.
- In terms of rates and payments, once you agree to the rate given, you must pay a 50% deposit upfront. Some exclusions do apply, depending on the service rendered. Anything that is $99 (and under) has to be paid in full upfront, no exceptions.
Do you do free work for promise of exposure, partnership, equity, stock, trades, percentage of sales, or deferred payment?
- NO. Absolutely not. Artists and all creative professionals are extremely valuable and work just as hard as anyone else of any other profession. You wouldn't ask a lawyer to represent you in court for free. You wouldn't ask a doctor to operate on you for free. You wouldn't ask a car dealer to give you a car for free. A lot of time, energy, and blood, sweat and tears goes into creative projects so we need to be compensated for it. We have bills to pay and a life to maintain just like everyone else. If you're rational and serious about what you do, then you know this already. Not to contradict myself, but once in a blue moon, we might be able to barter and that's only if the opportunity will undeniably guarantee monetary success and the exchange is beneficial to both parties. Other than that, no free work will be done so please don't waste my time and yours by asking and DO NOT contact me with unsolicited services.
Do you use contracts?
- Yes, I do. Contracts will come into play with projects requiring big budgets (web design, illustration, branding and marketing campaigns, etc.). If a client has a project with a small budget and still would like to sign a contract, that can be discussed but typically contracts aren't required for projects requiring a small budget.
Do you do RUSH orders? In other words, if I need a much faster turnaround time, can that be done and what would the cost of that be?
- Yes. Rush orders and the cost depends on the product and/or service being rendered. Depending on how fast you are looking for your project to be done, the price could increase significantly. Rate changes will be discussed in further detail once I'm aware of what kind of service you're looking for.
- The reason for a rate increase is because getting your project done within less than the typical 5 business days would mean re-prioritizing and putting your project ahead of others. Doing this can possibly push other projects back from there estimated due date. This can also be discussed, if your project needs to put out in a smaller than usual time-frame.
Do you offer refunds?
- Yes, but only if the project has not been started. This also includes if the project is less than 20% done. Once a project has been started and more than 20% (determined by PATV Media) of it has been done, then there are no refunds. Time is money. The 50% deposit is needed to cover my time. If you're unhappy with the project or you just want to back out for some reason or another, then you won't need to pay the other 50%. My time will be covered and you wouldn't lose all of your money. In the event that a project is 80% done and you would like to back out at the last minute, no refund will be given and full payment is required since a large portion of your project was completed. If you receive a physical product and you are unhappy with it, then there is a 30-day money back guarantee. After 30 days, no refunds will be given.
I represent a company, artist, or agency, can I hire you?
- Yes. If the price is right and we mutually agree on everything involving doing business together, then I can be hired. As long as everything is mutually beneficial to both parties, I can't see why not. Contact me and we can discuss in further detail.
I'm not a large company or agency, can I hire you?
- Anything's possible. It's not common for a single person's budget to be as big as a company or agency's budget but if your budget is big enough and it makes sense, then it's a possibility. Contact me and we can discuss in further detail.
Where are you located?
- I reside in Baltimore, Maryland. PATV Media services the DMV (D.C., Maryland, Virginia) and anywhere else where there is a Wi-Fi connection.
Do you do business out of state?
- Yes, I do. Just because I'm located in Maryland, it doesn't mean PATV Media can't work with people in another state, or even another country. PATV Media for the most part is online-based and has no jurisdiction.
It seems like you do a lot, how are you able to juggle multiple projects all at one time?
- This is where my project manager hat comes into play. Thanks to the internet and having the ability to navigate effectively through certain online channels, I'm able to tap into the creative minds of many professionals who I can outsource my work to. PATV Media isn't just a one-man show. Yes, I started PATV Media and am the owner, but in order to bring people's vision to life, I felt it was necessary to expand my network to all kinds of creative professionals who can help me complete projects. This obviously helps clients get top-notch work done in a timely fashion and this also helps me leverage my time so I can focus on whatever project I'm presently working on without undermining anyone else's wants and needs for their project.
Frequently Asked Questions About Graphic Design And Illustration
What are your rates?
- Refer to General Frequently Asked Questions.
What is your process?
- Once you contact me to inquire about the service you need, I get as much details as possible from you. After I get the details needed to get to work on a project, depending on the type of project that needs to be done and the rate you agree to pay, you will receive an invoice for the payment that needs to be made. Anything over $99 will require a 50% deposit. Anything $99 and under needs to be paid in full. All payments must be made upfront whether it's a full payment or a 50% down payment. Myself and other creative professionals do not start work without a payment made up front, there will be no exceptions. Also depending on the project that needs to be done, if it's not myself, then it will be another creative professional working on it. This is to ensure you receive full attention to your work and you receive it in a timely enough fashion.
What is your turnaround time?
- It depends, but generally, graphic design projects can take 1 to 3 weeks. As long as the communication between both parties is effective enough, then I can't see why there wouldn't be a fast enough turnaround time. Turnaround time is also dependent upon the client and how fast they submit the required information/material(s) needed to complete the project. The turnaround time for things like logo design, flyer design, cover design, and any other visual marketing material tends to have a faster turnaround time than a web design project or an illustration project.
Frequently Asked Questions About Web Design
What is your process?
- Once you contact me to inquire about getting a website, a consultation will take place and this is where I get as much details as possible from you. After I get the details needed to work on your website, I give you a quote and if you agree with it, you will receive an invoice for the payment that needs to be made. A 50% deposit will need to be paid unless you agree to a payment plan. If you go the payment plan route, we will then decide a reasonable amount that you can pay on a monthly basis. Also you would need to agree with the terms and conditions stated in a contract and that contract will need to be signed by both parties. Depending on the demand and magnitude of the project that needs to be done, if it's not myself, then it will be another creative professional working on it. This is to ensure you receive full attention to your work and you receive it in a timely enough fashion.
What is your turnaround time?
- Turnaround times for websites depend on size and scope of the website and what is entailed to bring your vision for your website to life. A website can have a 3 week turnaround time or a 6 to 8 week turnaround. It all depends.
How do you create your websites? Do you use HTML to build them from scratch or do you use something else?
- Something else. I use the content management system (CMS) WordPress to create websites. While I have limited knowledge on HTML, I don't go that route because I'm not highly experience with it. If you have a really big budget and you'd prefer a website that is strictly custom and want it done from scratch, then I can point you in the direction to get it done. As far as WordPress is concerned, it is extremely popular and used by everyone from individuals to small businesses to large companies. Many established brands and Forbes Top 40 companies/entities use WordPress for their websites. Templates and themes are already pre-made and just require a professional to go in an tweak/fix/revise things to create a website that is custom-made to your brand and vision. I also use it because it is user-friendly and it is easy to hand it off to the client for them to maintain it after the website has been completed.
Your rate(s) might be out of my budget, is there anyway to work with my current budget?
- When it comes to web design, a lot of time, energy, and effort goes into building your website and those factors play a huge role in how the rate is determined. What your website entails, plays a role also. If you're on a tight budget then the Economy Package is your best option. If you need more than what the Economy Package offers and want one of the other packages, then I'm open to payment plans. I understand that some people don't have large sums of money all at one time or can't make big payment(s) at one time. No problem, we can set up a monthly payment plan that would allow you to breathe easy financially and receive a quality website that you can be proud of. When it comes to websites, I can't stress enough how EXTREMELY important it is to have the most professional online presentation possible. This is a representation of you, your brand, your business, etc. It's a valuable asset and an extension of who you are. Before even considering to get a website, take the time to really evaluate what it is you want and how you want to be presented online.
Do I need to maintain my website and if so, how do I maintain it and make sure it stays up-to-date?
- Yes, you would need to maintain your website and make sure it stays up-to-date. Just like a car, a house, your computer, your wardrobe, or anything else you need to keep up with and maintain, a website is no exception. In order to keep things up-to-date, you would need to get in and make the necessary edits and changes needed. Thankfully, WordPress is user-friendly and the average person who is not tech-savvy can learn how to maintain their website. Just like everything else, there is a learning curve, however I do offer WordPress tutorial videos. You can purchase the videos if you'd prefer to maintain your website yourself. Some people would prefer to maintain their website themselves to cut costs and then others who don't have the time or the interest to maintain their website would rather hire someone to do it for them. If you're the latter, then you're in luck, because for $50 an hour, I do website maintenance. So if you would prefer to have me maintain your website, feel free to contact me.
Frequently Asked Questions About Social Media Boost Services
How are you able to get me so many Facebook likes and Twitter followers?
- PATV Media has a network of partners all over social media who are able to broadcast your Facebook fanpage and Twitter page to literally millions of online users. This is called mass potential customer reach. In addition to that, PATV Media uses Twitter software that has mass follow/unfollow options. In other words, this software can allow your Twitter account to follow as many people as you want and unfollow all of the people who are not following back. To acquire the numbers that you want, we broadcast your brand/business to as much online users as possible in order to get the fastest turnaround possible. For more targeted users, we focus in on your niche by following/unfollowing people who are involved in your niche and people who are potential customers/clients/fans/followers. This ensures that the targeted likes and followers that you purchase are more likely to interact/respond to your brand/business.
What's the difference between USA Targeted, Global and Targeted likes and followers?
- USA Targeted is strictly people in the USA while Global is anywhere outside of USA. Targeted is both USA and Global. The difference between Targeted (USA or Global) and Global is the likes and followers won't be as randomized and will have more to do with your niche which increases your chance to sell, market, promote your product/services to people who may give you their business. Sometimes people choose Targeted because random likes/follows can be counterproductive to some businesses. With Targeted, the likelihood to gain business and sell is greater. (*note: Targeted likes and followers are not being offered at this time. Global only.*)
Why would anyone want Global if they are random and not targeted specifically to someone's niche?
- It's simple. Some people just want BIG numbers. Big numbers makes anyone's social media account look good. Whenever people see your Facebook page and/or Twitter page and see that you have X amount of likes/followers, there's more of a likelihood that they will like/follow your page because the perception is you have a great product that sells or you make great music or you provide quality services and so on and so forth. People also like to be part of something that's big and are more inclined to like/follow so they can "fit in." This is called the "herd effect." Long story short, most people like to go along so whoever's purchasing USA or Global doesn't necessarily need (or want) to have Targeted likes/follows as long as they have a lot of people liking their Facebook fanpage and following their Twitter page. When people see the big numbers, it will automatically attract people who can actually be a potential customer/client/fan/follower of what you do.
If I purchase Targeted likes and/or followers, is there a guarantee that I will get more business/make more sales/make more money?
- With simple Facebook likes and Twitter follower acquisition, there is never a guarantee. We make no promises to people that the people who like and follow their pages will interact with them and/or give them business. Our job is to simply give you bigger numbers. Maintaining likes and follows and ensuring sales is something we can do but this would require a big enough budget to hire us around the clock to make this happen. What separates us from the competition is we acquire REAL people while other businesses are using software to create bots. A lot of these bots are faceless and in some cases are spam. With us, real people will like/follow your social media accounts which means they will act on their own accord and can decide to unlike/unfollow at any given time, so with that being said, with our basic social media follower acquisition service, we can't make people give you more business. This does fall into social media marketing services, but that is a broad term that encompasses engagement, campaigns, blog/article marketing, social bookmarking, social analytics, maintenance, and some forms of traditional advertising. We do offer all of the following to businesses who have the budget required to yield the results that they want. Contact us and give us as much in-depth information as possible to see what your needs are and we will get back to you with a quote and an outline/strategy of how we can help you attain the results you desire.
I see that only Global is being sold right now, why is that? Even without the Targeted option, could a certain demographic or a certain type of audience/group be acquired to like or follow my social media page?
- The standard services being offered at this time are for worldwide likes and followers; this means you may receive likes and follows from people of various countries. We try to promote your page to an English speaking audience, but ultimately, we have no control over the type of people that is going to like your page. We don't offer support for targeted fans to specific cities or from other countries at this time. We hope to get back to this in the future but right now in this internet landscape, it realistically isn't a sustainable model and unlike other companies, we're not in the business of using/creating bots in order to give you a target audience.
Do you need my account login and password in order to get me likes/follows?
- Nope. All that's needed is your URL for your social media account(s).
If I haven't received the number of likes/follows that I purchased, will I get my money back?
- Yes. 30-day money back guarantee, if target number purchased isn't reached. If you purchased a certain number of likes/follows and that number isn't acquired within a month, you will get your money back. Once that number is acquired, that completes that order. There will be no refunds after that and no refunds for a drop in numbers because as stated, the numbers fluctuate/change since real people are liking/following you. Your numbers can either drop or go up, but as long as the initial number goal is met anytime within a month's time, we've done our job on our end.
This all sounds great, how do I get started?
- All you have to do is choose the amount of likes and/or followers you want and click on the PayPal button. Whether it be through phone, email, Skype, etc. we'll have a correspondence where you can give me your social media account URL. Once payment is received, we will get started right away.